Thursday, May 5, 2011

How to make a Mother's day....

I recently received the best email I've had in a long time, I just couldn't stop grinning....

I have mentioned Quan and his mum on the blog a few times. When we first met, her fears and concerns for her child were very real to me, and they were a huge catalyst in the development of ACCV. Like many poor blind people in Vietnam, Quan was leading a very isolated and lonely life. Our initial hopes were for him to make some friends, learn to read Braille and maybe even open up the possibilities of earning a living one day.

Well, over the past few years Quan and his blind friends have blossomed far beyond any of our expectations. They are now living life, going to school, making a living and enjoying a social life that has just included a weekend getaway to go visit the folks!

Quan took along his friends Quy, Dat, Hong, Toan & Mai to visit his family over the holiday weekend. Quy actually comes from a country town near by so it was a dual visit. Mai very kindly documented their trip and sent it to me in this lovely powerpoint presentation.

Enjoy...












It's mothers day this Sunday, I guess it came early for Quan's mum....


Kind Regards
   Alison & Rose



(please drop us a quick email so we can acknowledge your kindness)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home