Saturday, December 17, 2011

A helping hand, not a hand out...

This has always been our main objective. We want to help people to help themselves, and it's lovely when it works. My favourite type of letter is one that tells us that someone we have been supporting has found the means to stand alone. It really means alot... 

I recently received such a letter from Hien  a delightful young lady who has shown amazing strength and character in the face of challenges her family has faced. When we met Hien in 2008 she desperately wanted to stay at school, but with two terminally ill younger brothers, the families resources were stretched beyond compare. ACCV been supporting her since, and she's been doing very well.


 Dear ACCV,
My name is Hien, one of the children receiving ACCV support during the high-school period in Bac Ninh. My family and I greatly appreciate your help as thanks to this support, I overcame the difficult circumstance and achieved a positive educational result.

 I am now learning at a vocational training school and I will complete this course as an accountant in the next two years. Currently, I not only focus on studying, but also doing some extra jobs as I would like to cover the school fees by myself. I am quite busy everyday, I go to school in the morning, go to work in the afternoon and study at home in the evening. Now, my situation has certainly been improved so I would like to share with the other disadvantaged students by withdrawing from ACCV sponsorship.

 Again, My parents and I would like to thank ACCV for your help for me over the pass three years. I wish that ACCV will further develop in order to bring the happiness to many many disadvantaged children in Vietnam.  Thank you very much
Hien

Well done Hien, we're very proud of her! And we're very pleased that we were able to help.

Once again I would like to extend our thanks, we could not possibly help young people like Hien without your generous support.


Kind regards
Alison & Rose

(please drop us a quick email so we can acknowledge your kindness)

1 Comments:

At December 18, 2011 at 12:12 AM , Anonymous Paul said...

Great Story, we can't wait to visit Vietnam in Feb2012
Good Luck with your work, so rewarding.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home